Our Quality Engineering training will prepare you to understand, analyze and troubleshoot business and technical requirements using leading open source tools and methodologies to automate testing and to deliver value on web applications and mobile apps.
This is not another programming course; here you will be exposed from day 1 to Agile and Scrum Methodologies using planning tools and business cases to understand process maturity and software life cycles; gather meaningful requirements, decomposing problems to use case and sequence diagrams, and mind mapping tools to guide your story telling according to team needs.
Test Driven (TDD), Behavior (BDD) and Acceptance Test Development (ATDD) is essential to understanding Case Writing (Given, Then, When & And), mixing software tools and years of experience from our seasoned instructors.
Additionally, Java Core and Script creation/maintenance are key topics in this 9-week intensive program: expect intensive Computational Thinking (breaking problems into small pieces, find similarities, creating one solution to multiple problems, and workflow design to finish a task). Databases knowledge is essential, so MySQL and Microsoft SQL will be learned and tested as well.
We then move to Selenium, a wonderful open source tool for web application testing. Finally, we connect all course components through frameworks for Logging, Reporting, Model Controllers, Continuous Integration and Defect Management Tools.
By the end of the class you will demonstrate that you can write and present test cases from the customer perspective (something that anybody can understand) and can easily integrate your knowledge into a collaborative environment full of programmers and business people.
If you succeed in obtaining technical knowledge, we will fast forward you to our Career Advancement team who will prepare you to explore career opportunities with our employer partners.
Date: Rolling Admissions
Our next class begins in early October 2017
Location: New York City training center
Duration: 9 week intensive
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Outcomes: Hands-on experience and workplace exposure
Cost: Tuition, materials and hardware are offered at no cost
Additional Services: Career counseling & connections to employment
Location: Bronx, NY Training Center
Ideal Candidate: The ideal candidate will have ability to coordinate and effectively manage client relationships, engage global teams, apply project management skills and oversight, and create opportunities to shorten the work product development lifecycle. Will be able to understand business requirements and can translate that into technical requirements.
- 1+ Year of business and/or tech experience preferred
- Experience with coding (including: Java, .NET, C++, C#, SQL and/or Oracle) - Java preferred
- Experience with Computer Science, Computer Information Systems and/or related topic foundations
Basic Requirements & Qualifications
• Able to travel to Bronx, NY for training
• Adaptive & Responsive Personality
• Test-to-Break Attitude
• Out-of-the-box Thinking
• 18 years of age or older
• GED or HS Diploma with 1+ years of technical work experience
• Authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Computational Thinking
• Business Requirements Analytics
• Web Conferencing (WebEx/Hangouts/Skype/GotoMeeting)
• Mobile Devices (Android/iOS)
• Spreadsheets (Excel/Sheets/Numbers)
• Diagrams/Workflows (Visio/Lucidchart)
• Word Processing (Word, etc)
• Mail & Agenda (Outlook, Gmail, Office 365)
• Presentations (PPT, Keynote, etc)
• Business Communications - Project Management (Agile - Scrum, etc)
• Customer/Client Service Delivery
If you've never registered with or applied to Per Scholas,
this is the link for you:
FAMILIAR WITH PER SCHOLAS?
If you are a Per Scholas alum or have applied to Per Scholas PREVIOUSLY, this is the link for you:
Please keep in mind, this application process is very competitive and not all applicants will be accepted for our limited slots.
NOT FOR YOU?
Join our mailing list to learn more about future course offerings and receive updates from Platform by Per Scholas.